How Much Does the 2021 RAM 1500 Weigh?
If you’re on the hunt for a new pickup truck that will be a good fit for your Overland Park job site, you’ve probably considered a new RAM 1500 for sale at Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. But before you can be certain the RAM 1500 is right for you, you may wonder, how much does the RAM 1500 weigh? Without any cargo or passengers, the 2021 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds.
What about the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)? The RAM 1500 GVWR is between 6,010 pounds and 7,800 pounds. Learn more about the RAM 1500 curb weight and GVWR below if you need a further explanation!
RAM 1500 Curb Weight vs. GVWR
What is the difference between the numbers quoted for the RAM 1500 weight and the RAM 1500 GVWR above? The RAM 1500 weight of 4,778–6,396 pounds is the curb weight, or the weight of the RAM 1500 unloaded (no passengers or cargo on board).
The RAM 1500 GVWR of 6,010–7,800 pounds is the maximum weight the pickup can support, including the curb weight plus passengers, cargo, and tongue weight if you have a trailer attached. (Tongue weight is not the same as the RAM 1500 towing capacity—rather, it’s the weight that the trailer places on the hitch.)
2021 RAM 1500 Curb Weight by Trim
You’ve seen the general range for the RAM 1500 curb weight, but what is the exact curb weight of each trim level? Here’s a closer look at how much the RAM 1500 weighs, organized by configuration:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,778 pounds and 5,106 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 4,768 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,792 pounds and 5,137 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,899 pounds and 5,248 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 5,096 pounds and 5,314 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: Between 5,192 pounds and 5,387 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 5,345 pounds and 5,568 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 6,396 pounds
RAM 1500 GVWR by Trim
The RAM 1500 GVWR varies slightly between trim levels, based on whether it’s a Crew Cab or Quad Cab and the bed length. Explore the GVWR for each option below to help determine which is strong enough for your Gardner worksite tasks:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 6,010 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds to 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 7,800 pounds
Explore the RAM 1500 in Olathe
Ready to start taking advantage of the RAM 1500 strength and durability? When it’s time to secure the keys, Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is only a short trip from Springhill! Contact us or stop by today to learn more about our ongoing new vehicle specials and find out what your trade-in is worth.
More from Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
The newJeep Gladiator is your vehicle if you’re looking for a truck that can dominate the road during your Olathe commute. The V6 Jeep Gladiator engine has a ton of horsepower, and an impressive towing capacity. You can see this impressive vehicle yourself right now at Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. But in the meantime, let’s take a look…
The new 2021 RAM 1500 achieves up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway with the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, 2WD, and eTorque, but upgrade to the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6, and you’ll enjoy up to 33 mpg highway! That’s better than the Ford-F-150! Explore all the RAM 1500 mpg ratings below to see which model…
How much can the new Jeep Gladiator tow? All Jeep models post strong tow ratings, but as the lone pickup truck option in the Jeep lineup, you and other Overland Park drivers likely expect a lot from the 2021 Jeep Gladiator towing capacity. Learn more about the Jeep Gladiator utility, performance specs, and towing features with…