2018 Jeep Cherokee
The new 2018 Jeep Cherokee is not only a hard worker that will perform its crossover chores with ease, it is also a vehicle to have fun in thanks to its excellent off-road chops for when you want to head off for an adventure.
The 2018 Cherokee comes in five different trim levels.
- Standard – cloth seats, power features, cruise control, keyless entry, air conditioning, rearview camera, 17-inch wheels, all-season tires, 5.0-touchscreen audio system, USB port, Bluetooth with audio streaming
- Optional – satellite radio, AWD, CD player, heated seats, heated steering wheel
- Standard – 8.4-inch touchscreen, smartphone-app connectivity, cloth seats that have leather panels, eight-way power adjustable driver seat, keyless ignition, 115-volt outlet, satellite radio, and an upgraded infotainment system (clear layout, responsive screen, in-car data for a monthly fee)
- Optional – V6 engine, advanced AWD setup, remote start, 506-watt audio system, panoramic sunroof
- Standard – same as the Latitude Plus but adds 18-inch wheels, leather, remote start, satellite radio, power heated front seats, dual-zone auto climate control, blind-spot mirrors, rear parking sensors, and a power tailgate
- Standard – same as the Limited but add a leather-wrapped steering wheel, wood accents, power passenger seat, Nappa leather throughout, fog lights in front, dual exhausts, and a V6 engine on the AWD
- Optional – V6 engine for front-wheel-drive
- Standard – same as the Latitude Plus gear but add a tougher suspension, transmission and oil coolers tow hooks, more ground clearance, skid plates, new front and rear bumpers, rear parking sensors, blind-spot monitors, dual-zone automatic climate control, 17-inch wheels, and OWL all-terrain tires
- Optional – navigation, Alpine audio, V6 power and various other packages
The 4-cylinder engine for the Cherokee is actually perfect for a typical commuter. It gives you 184 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque. It has front-wheel-drive and is beefy enough to get the job done while the engine is quiet enough for a comfortable ride.
You also have the option of getting the 3.2-liter V6 engine that will give you 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque if you decide you want a little bit more power.
The performance of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee is more than impressive. There are few places you will be unable to go with this Jeep – especially if you get the Cherokee Trailhawk. Its higher ground clearance, traction programs, and simulated low range give you access to almost any kind of terrain out there for your off-roading adventures.
The two engine options available to you deliver power through a 9-speed automatic. There are also low- and mid-range gears and overdrive gears that can help the driver extract as much as possible from the inline-4.
The Cherokee can tow up to 4,500 pounds and is one of the most versatile crossover SUVs out there.
When it comes to off-roading there are three different options from which you can choose with the Cherokee. The Active Drive I system has a wet clutch and sends power to the rear wheels but doesn’t offer you any low-range options. This drive is offered on 4-cylinder Cherokees.
The Active Drive II has a simulated low range and a crawl ratio of 56:1. This is achievable by using the transmission’s low gears. This allows you to not only get through mud but climb over rocks easily. You can enhance this by using Selec-Terrain, which allows you to pick a drive program to handle any type of terrain including snow, mud, rocks and more.
The Trailhawk comes with Selec-Speed control that is like cruise control but for low speeds. This can help you to climb hills and works at up to 5 MPH. Other new features that have been included on the Trailhawk to help you off-road are the front and rear bumpers that have been reshaped to give you a better approach and departure angle. It also has a 1-inch suspension lift, skid plates, locking rear differential and red tow hooks. This is the best option if you are truly dedicated to off-road adventuring.
The interior of the 2018 Cherokee is close in size to the Escape and the Honda CR-V but it does not waste space with a third-row seat. There are plenty of small storage nooks throughout the Cherokee. Rear storage space with all the seats up is about 24.6 cubic feet but if you need more room you can fold the seats down and get up to 54.9 cubic feet of storage space.