How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 provides a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. What else makes this light-duty pickup so impressive? Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram takes a look at its engine choices, transmission, and safety features and how they contribute to the Ram 1500 towing capacity.
Ram 1500 Engine Options
The 2019 Ram 1500 is offered with three different engines, but each is paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s what each powertrain choice brings to the table:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but towing capacity is boosted to 12,750 pounds.
Payload figures for the Ram 1500 are also impressive. Capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on which configuration you select.
Features that Simplify Towing
Although the Ram 1500 is offered with several rugged engine options, there are several other features that contribute to the remarkable Ram 1500 towing capacity. Listed below are a few of the features that enhance your towing experience:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes allow for excellent stopping power, even when towing or driving in less than ideal conditions.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: With this available system, you can easily keep track of anything in your blind spot, so changing lanes is safe and easy. The system automatically accounts for trailer length.
Explore the 2019 Ram 1500 at Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
The all-new Ram 1500 towing capacity is not the only reason this pickup should be at the top of your list. To see all that it has to offer Springhill drivers, visit Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram to set up a test drive. You can also contact us today with any questions or explore our Ram 1500 lease deals. Not sure if the Ram 1500 has the power you need? Compare the Ram 1500 vs. Ram 2500, and learn more about Ram 2500 towing capacity to see which pickup offers the capability you demand. Need even more capability? Compare the Ram 2500 vs. Ram 3500. Also be sure to learn about Jeep Gladiator pricing to see if it offers the affordability you need.
More About RAM 1500 Features
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 provides a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. What else makes this light-duty pickup so impressive? Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram takes a look at its engine choices, transmission, and safety features and how they contribute…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup